Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Weekend at Ricker Pond




The kids have been asking to go camping for months.  We hadn't been since September.  So, weeks ago, I coordinated with a few families and reserved a few campsites at Ricker Pond (in Groton State Forest)  for Father's Day Weekend.  I didn't factor into the equation that I would be in the middle of exams at school, hosting the "Ladies Luncheon" for my faculty at my house, needing to grade 60 final projects, and taking an online class.  But you only live once, so I got my ducks in a row and we made it happen.


And it was so, so worth it.  Camping is the best.  Especially when you are with a fun crew.  It strips life down to the basics.  I'm not going to lie, it's a pain in the neck to get the gear together and pack it up and set it up and unpack it, but so, so worth it.  I'm so glad that we made it all work out. 





And the father's felt loved and appreciated with a big fat brunch and the green light to go for an epic mountain bike ride in Stowe.


This family loves to camp and we love the guy that the kids call Dad, but we realized that a group camping trip was no way to really show our appreciation for all that he does and is for us.  So, we got a waiver and decided to celebrate father's day for the entire week after the actual day!  He deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment