Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween!


 

I'm starting to be a little less of a curmudgeon about Halloween.  It helps when the kids have their costumes all set ahead of time.  Cally decided at some point during the summer that she wanted to be an owl this year. Hazey was just fine with using the brown costume that has been utilized for the past three years to be a bear.  Costume arrangements for him involved purchasing a bear mask.  Super easy!  


I started searching for store bought owl costumes in September.  The prices made me cringe, so we decided we could do it ourselves.  I found a few youtube videos that made it look really simple......... After spending $40 at Marshall's and nearly having a nervous breakdown trying to figure out how to sew wings onto a t-shirt, it all came together.  Fortunately, Nana was able to help in a major way while she was visiting.  And Cally was really into doing the mask and the feathers on her own.  I think it turned out great!


Even John and I had a costume this year:


The kids spent the day before Halloween at Shelburne Museum (notice the last minute costume change)


Cally went with the owl theme and carved her own pumpkin, while John and Hazey carved their own little monster.



We even were able to squeeze in a visit to the pumpkin glow on Ciley Hill Road.  Below is a very big pumpkin:


And, if you can believe it, my friend Amy and I were able to ski on October 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment